The RUST rendertunnels command
The RUST rendertunnels command allows server admins, moderators, and players to export the current map’s tunnel network as a PNG file. RUST’s Underground Train Tunnel update, which released on March 4th, 2020, enabled this ability for all players to use.
A few practical reasons for using the RUST rendertunnels command:
- Server owners may want to display their server’s game map & tunnel map as a means of advertisement for their servers.
- Server admins and moderators may generate a preview of the tunnel network for their community and VIP members for an upcoming wipe cycle.
- Players may use the tunnel network rendering as reference material for the map wipe,
- Groups and clans can use this tunnel network rendering as a navigational tool and for strategic planning purposes.
Who can use the RUST rendertunnels command
The RUST rendertunnels command can be issued by server admins, moderators, and players alike. This is a unique command as it provides an output that can be used by all parties for their own creative purposes. When prepending
sv in front of the rendertunnels command, only admins and moderators will be able to issue this, as it creates and stores a file on the server.
How to use the RUST rendertunnels command
When issuing the rendertunnels command, it will always generate a 2048 x 2048 pixel texture file. This file can be manually placed on top of the game map if you choose, but note that it can be slightly larger (~25%), depending on the map’s size. Each time the tunnel network image is generated, it will take on the file name “tunnels_<mapsize>_1.png”.
After generating the tunnel network image, it will reside in one of two locations depending upon who, how, and where the command is issued from:
- When the command is run from the in-game console, by admins, moderators, or players, the tunnel network image will be stored inside of the root of the SteamLibrary RUST directory, such as
- When run from the RUST server’s console, RCON client, or if
svis prepended in front of the command when used in the in-game console by admins or moderators, it will store the file inside of the RUST server’s root directory.
RUST rendertunnels command syntax
This command will instantly create a PNG rendering of the current server’s underground tunnel system. The map file will be based on your server’s current map size.
Note that this RUST admin command works from both the in-game console and 3rd party RCON platforms.
Use the command below:
On the success of this command being entered, the console will display something similar to the below:
Saved tunnels render to: C:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\Rust\map_4250_1.png
Related rendering commands
|world.rendermap||N/A||Renders a high resolution PNG of the current map|