The RUST remove command (ent kill command)
The RUST remove command (ent kill command) allows server admins and moderators the ability to permanently remove an object from the server, such as player-made structure or object. The remove command will also work on non-player-made entities, such as trees, barrels and more.
A few practical reasons for using the RUST remove command (ent kill command):
- Removing offensive player-made banners, signs, designs.
- Deleting all manner of objects, walls, doors, foundations, roofs.
- For servers with “no base griefing” rules, this command can be used to un-do these actions.
- Remove incorrectly placed objects, such as backward-facing walls.
Who can enter the RUST remove command (ent kill command)
The RUST remove command (ent kill command) can be issued on vanilla RUST servers by RUST admins and moderators only. Players on vanilla RUST servers cannot use the remove command (ent kill command) or any of the other removal commands. Players that want to be able to remove objects have limited options available to them.
How to use the RUST remove command (ent kill command)
Before initiating the remove command, ensure the following:
- Make sure to be logged into the game server, this command will not work from RCON platforms.
- Have the mouse cursor pointed directly at the object that will be removed.
- When objects are destroyed, such as door frames, foundations, walls, or roofs — they will collapse as if having been blown up. This can cause severe lag on the client and server-side.
- Once the RUST remove command has been issued, the destroyed items cannot be brought back or damage reversed.
The RUST remove command can only be issued from the in-game console. Press the F1 key to open the in-game console and type in the remove command syntax listed below, ensure the mouse cursor is pointed at the right object, then press enter.
RUST ent kill command (1 of 1)
The ent kill command is used to permanently remove objects from the game world.
On success the console will display:
On success the server chat will display:
Binding the RUST remove command (ent kill command)
Here’s a useful video for setting up the bindings that can be used with the ent kill command.