RUST Minicopter Command and Variables
The RUST Minicopter, introduced on 2/7/2019 in the February update and later substantially modified in the Modular Vehicle Update on 7/2/2020, is the fifth aircraft to be introduced to RUST and the second to be officially pilot-able by players.
Minicopters, Attack Helicopters, Scrap Transport Helicopters, can be purchased by players for scrap at the RUST Air Wolf Shop. This is currently unlike other vehicles, such as Hot Air Balloons, Rowboats, and RHIBs, which are spread across the game world and are controlled by server population variables.
Practical reasons for using the RUST Minicopter command and variables
- Minicopters allow players to get an overview perspective of the map and experience the game in a way they’ve never been able to before
- Use as a location device, similar to a bat signal for players not in your party
- Air raids, evacuations, and reconnaissance on enemy bases
- Potential future for this becoming a vessel that can be used when transitioning to a different server
- Spawn the Minicopter into the game for custom events and mayhem
- Adds additional interactions for players to use and be creative with
- Admins using the Minicopter can advertise a unique aspect of their RUST servers, especially once modded
- Provide an additional means for transportation in the game beyond running, walking, boating, and swimming
Who can enter the RUST Minicopter command
The RUST Minicopter command can be issued and configured on vanilla RUST servers by RUST admins and moderators only. Non-admin players on vanilla RUST servers cannot use the RUST Minicopter command and variables but will be able to find the Minicopters scattered across the map on vanilla servers.
RUST minicopter.entity command (1 of 1)
- This command is used to manually spawn a pilot-able Minicopter into the game
- When issuing this command, the initiating player must be above the ground and not clipped in a wall or geography
- The mouse cursor needs to be pointed in the exact location of where the Minicopter should spawn
- The Minicopter can be removed using the ent kill command
Note that this RUST admin command does not work from RCON platforms and does require being logged into the game server.
Use the command below to spawn a single Minicopter:
On success the console will display:
spawned minicopter.entity at (111.0, 0.1, 124.9)
Related Minicopter variables
|minicopter.population||0||Population active on the server.|
|minicopter.outsidedecayminutes||480||How long before a minicopter is killed while outside|
|minicopter.insidedecayminutes||2880||How long before a minicopter is killed while indoors|