The Water Purifier is a water filtration system in RUST used for manufacturing farming or drinking water out of salt water. It is commonly used in the early game and serves the same primary function as a Powered Water Purifier, but on a much smaller scale.
Setting up a water purifier
The purifier must be placed over a Camp Fire to be deployed. Locate a fairly flat surface to lay down a campfire (if indoors, give yourself an extra bit of space since the water purifier is wider than the campfire). Once the campfire is deployed, you can place the purifier over the campfire. You can still cook food in the campfire while a water purifier is deployed above it, making this setup a compact early cooking system for small starter bases.
Purifying salt water
To start purifying water, you must fill the purifier’s liquid inventory with salt water. Transport the salt water using any liquid container, then do the following:
- Click on the water purifier to open its inventory.
- Select a container item from your inventory that contains salt water. This will enable the liquid transfer UI.
- Press the “Give” button to load the purifier’s inventory with salt water from the container. You will have to click several times to transfer all of the salt water, depending on the capacity of your water container.
- Note that as the salt water is boiled, the contents slowly deplete, allowing more salt water to be added.
- To access the fresh water, click the blue bucket connected to the purifier system to open the freshwater inventory.
- Use the reverse liquid transfer process to load a water container with fresh water.
- If you don’t wish to transfer the water, you can also click the water glass icon to drink the water directly and refill your character’s hydration bar.
The water purifier is a default blueprint and may be crafted by anyone without a workbench.