The RUST Egg Hunt Command & Event
The RUST egg hunt command allows server administrators the ability to manually trigger the Easter egg hunt event. During the Easter holiday and the week following it, the Easter event will run automatically once every in-game day.
This event is enabled and disabled with the
server.events variable. There is no specific variable to control the private event itself.
When the egg hunt event runs, a short alert message will appear on the screen with an audio cue, alerting players of the game. This message allows players a short window of time to position themselves in a more suitable location (outside of player-made bases or monuments, as eggs will not spawn within a certain range.) After the alert message goes away, a new leaderboard panel will display in the top right of the screen. Easter eggs will begin to spawn around players across the server. For 3 minutes, a countdown will show below the “Top Bunnies” leaderboard, signaling the end of the event when it hits 0:00.The gallery was not found!
A few practical reasons for using the RUST egg hunt command
- Add some Easter holiday festivity to the server
- Spawn the egg hunt to start a fun mini-game to the server
- Use the egg hunt as a custom reward or VIP claim for a server
- Provide a top bunnies leaderboard plugin
- Admins can advertise unique aspects of their RUST server
Who can enter the RUST egg hunt command
The RUST egg hunt command can be issued on vanilla RUST servers by RUST admins and moderators only. Non-admin players on vanilla RUST servers cannot use the RUST egg hunt command. Regular players will need to be on a server that has the server events enabled to partake in the event.
RUST egghunt command (1 of 1)
- Use this command to start the Easter egg hunt event
- This event runs automatically during the Easter holiday when
server.eventsis set to true
- Note that this configuration will work from both the in-game and RCON consoles
Manually start the egg hunt event
Use the command below to start the Easter egg hunt event:
On success the console will display:
spawned egghunt at (0.0, 0.0, 0.0)