The RUST ClearSpraysInRadius Command
The RUST clearspraysinradius command is a RUST server command that allows admins and moderators to immediately clear all sprays within a specified radius of their character upon issuing the command. As this is a destructive command, once it is issued on the server, it cannot be reversed.
RUST Spray Cans were introduced during the Arctic Update and received subsequent follow-up modifications with later updates, such as the Combat Update. There are a few admin commands and convars associated with this item that help server administrators moderate and control how the sprays work across a RUST server.
Unfortunately, any item that allows players to create visuals in-game can and will be abused, quicker than one would think. So it’s important for server admins and moderators to understand how to reverse abusive actions connected with the spray can.
The clearspraysinradius command is currently the most surgical method available for removing player-generated sprays and decals when compared to the RUST ClearAllSprays Command and RUST ClearAllSpraysByPlayer Command. Though, it still does not allow you to point at a specific spray or decal and remove them. It’s more so intended to remove a cluster of sprays from a particular area. If you reduce the radius, it can be used to remove individual sprays, but that’s not its intended purpose.
While you may think there would be an individual free-spray or decal deletion command, there isn’t one currently implemented. In addition to this, the spray can itself doesn’t provide a clear or remove function, but there are a handful of ways to remove free sprays and decals if you’re within proximity, some of which even regular players can perform without the assistance of an admin.
Here’s a list of workarounds for removing individual sprays:
- Use a Water Gun from the Sunburn Pack DLC to remove a spray or decal
- Use a Water Jug or Water Bucket filled with water and press the
- Wait for the sprays and/or decals to time out
- Spray over them with decals to cover up unwanted imagery
- Continuously spray until you hit the server’s default number of sprays per player, in which older sprays will begin to disappear in order.
A few practical reasons for using the RUST clearspraysinradius command:
- Troubleshooting server performance issues involving sprays and decals in a specific area
- Moderating unwanted, inappropriate, or abusive sprays and decals in a specific area
- Answering support requests for removing unwanted or abusive tags and decals in a specific area
Who can enter the RUST clearspraysinradius command
The RUST clearspraysinradius command can be issued on Vanilla RUST servers by server administrators and moderators exclusively. Non-admin players cannot use the clearspraysinradius command to remove sprays.
How to use the RUST clearspraysinradius command
The clearspraysinradius command can be issued from the in-game console only and does NOT work with the server console and 3rd party RCON platforms. When issuing the command in the unsupported consoles, no error message is displayed.
The admin using the command needs to physically be within the specified proximity of the sprays and decals intended to be cleared, otherwise, the command will not function as intended.
RUST clearspraysinradius command
Before initiating the clearspraysinradius command, it’s important to understand a few things:
- This command accepts a single integer value for the radius as a parameter, otherwise, it defaults to 16. You cannot pass an individual player
- This command requires you to be logged into the game server and have your character physically within proximity of the target sprays and decals.
- This command is a destructive command that cannot be reversed. Once the sprays and decals have been cleared, there is no reverting command available.
- It’s also important to note that on largely populated servers or servers where the number of sprays allowed has been significantly altered, issuing this command has the potential to cause an immediate hiccup or stall by which players may be impacted.
- This command will NOT broadcast a chat message to the server when issued.
- This command will display feedback once run, with the number of sprays and decals cleared within the specified proximity of the player.
To use this command, open the preferred server console and type in the specific clearspraysinradius command syntax listed below, then press enter.
On success, the console will display:
Deleted X sprays within Y of <Player Name>
On success, the server chat will display:
Related spray can variables
|global.maxspraysperplayer||25||If a player sprays more than this, the oldest spray will be destroyed. 0 will disable|
|global.sprayduration||10800||Base time (in seconds) that sprays last|
|global.sprayoutofauthmultiplier||0.5||Multiplier applied to SprayDuration if a spray isn’t in the sprayers auth (cannot go above 1f)|