The RUST ClearAllSpraysByPlayer Command
The RUST clearallspraysbyplayer command is a RUST server command that allows admins and moderators to immediately clear all existing sprays and decals from the server at once for an individually specified player. This is a destructive command in which once the clearallspraysbyplayer command is issued on the server it cannot be reversed. All sprays created by the specified player will cease to exist.
RUST Spray Cans were introduced during the Arctic Update and received subsequent follow-up modifications with later updates, such as the Combat Update. There are a few admin commands and convars associated with this item that help server administrators moderate and control how the sprays work across a RUST server.
Unfortunately, any item that allows players to create visuals in-game can and will be abused, quicker than one would think. So it’s important for server admins and moderators to understand how to reverse abusive actions connected with the spray can.
The clearallspraysbyplayer command is a more surgical method for admins to quickly remove any unwanted sprays created by a specified player, unlike the RUST ClearAllSprays Command. There, unfortunately, is not a command for removing an individual spray, but there are a few workarounds you can use if you don’t want to remove all of the player’s sprays.
Here’s a list of workarounds for removing individual sprays:
- Use a Water Gun from the Sunburn Pack DLC to remove a spray or decal
- Use a Water Jug or Water Bucket filled with water and press the
- Wait for the sprays and/or decals to time out
- Spray over them with decals to cover up unwanted imagery
- Continuously spray until you hit the server’s default number of sprays per player, in which older sprays will begin to disappear in order.
- Use the clearspraysinradius command and walk within the specified proximity of the unwanted spray
A few practical reasons for using the RUST clearallspraysbyplayer command:
- Troubleshooting server performance issues involving sprays and decals an individual player may be causing
- Moderating inappropriate free-spray (tagging) usage by an individual player
- Answering support requests for removing unwanted or abusive tags and decals from an individual player
Who can enter the RUST clearallspraysbyplayer command
The RUST clearallspraysbyplayer command can be issued on Vanilla RUST servers by server administrators and moderators exclusively. Non-admin players cannot use the clearallspraysbyplayer command to remove their own sprays.
How to use the RUST clearallspraysbyplayer command
The clearallspraysbyplayer command can be issued from the server console, in-game console, and with 3rd party RCON platforms.
RUST clearallspraysbyplayer command
Before initiating the clearallspraysbyplayer command, it’s important to understand a few things:
- This command accepts an individual Steam64 Bit ID as a parameter
- This command is a destructive command that cannot be reversed. Once the individual player’s sprays and decals have been cleared, there is no reverting command available.
- It’s also important to note that on largely populated servers or servers where the number of sprays allowed has been significantly altered, issuing this command has the potential to cause an immediate hiccup or stall by which players may be impacted.
- This command will NOT broadcast a chat message to the server when issued.
- This command DOES display and provides feedback as to the number of sprays and decals cleared.
To use this command, open the preferred server console and type in the specific clearallspraysbyplayer command syntax listed below, then press enter.
global.clearallspraysbyplayer <Steam64 Bit ID>
On success, the console will display:
Deleted X sprays by <Steam64 Bit ID>
On success, the server chat will display:
Related spray can variables
|global.maxspraysperplayer||25||If a player sprays more than this, the oldest spray will be destroyed. 0 will disable|
|global.sprayduration||10800||Base time (in seconds) that sprays last|
|global.sprayoutofauthmultiplier||0.5||Multiplier applied to SprayDuration if a spray isn’t in the sprayers auth (cannot go above 1f)|