Learn how to craft and use the Stun Baton
You may not expect that characters specializing in intelligence would have especially strong melee weapons in 7 Days to Die. You would be surprised then to learn of the Stun Baton, a powerful blunt weapon just as useful for delivering paralyzing electrical shocks as it is for beating the tar out of unsuspecting enemies.
This guide will walk you through crafting a Stun Baton in 7 Days to Die and offer advice on how to utilize it best.
How to craft a Stun Baton in 7 Days to Die
Crafting this tech-heavy instrument will require some finesse and quality materials. You’ll also need to reach the third tier in the Robotics crafting skill and have a functional Workbench before you can successfully assemble this weapon. The amount of crafting materials required will depend on the quality of the baton being constructed:
|Materials||Quality 1||Quality 2||Quality 3||Quality 4||Quality 5|
|Robotics Crafting Skill||23||26||30||34||38|
- Stun Baton Parts can be found by scrapping Stun Batons, searching weapon chests and gun safes, or may be purchased from traders.
- Forged Iron can be crafted at a Forge or salvaged from devices like washing machines and destroyed workstations.
- Leather may be obtained by salvaging furniture and vehicles or harvested from animal carcasses.
- Duct Tape may be crafted by combining Glue and Cloth Fragments or scavenged from household or parts containers.
- Electrical Parts can be found in electronic containers or can be salvaged from electronic appliances.
- The Robotics crafting skill can only be improved by finding and reading issues of the Tech Planet skill magazine.
Stun Baton Overview
Stun Baton Stats by Quality
|Property||Quality 1||Quality 2||Quality 3||Quality 4||Quality 5||Quality 6|
|Power Attack Damage||40.2||42.3||43.2||45.3||47.7||49.8|
|Attacks / Minute||70||70||70||70||70||70|
The Stun Baton accepts the following mods. Note that only one mod of any category may be attached at a time except accessory mods.
- Baton: Stun Baton Repulsor
- Accessory: Structural Brace, Wood Splitter, Bunker Buster, Grave Digger, Iron Breaker, Weighted Head
- Tech: The Hunter, Rad Remover
- Grip: Fortifying Grip, Ergonomic Grip
Tips and tricks for using the Stun Baton
As a member of the Batons weapon class, the Stun Baton scales in power with the player’s Intellect attribute and the Electrocutioner perk. The attack speed of this weapon can also be increased by investing in the Calculated Attack perk.
The Stun Baton specializes in stunning and debilitating enemies with a powerful electric shock attack. Hitting enemies with the Stun Baton will slowly build up an electric charge, even if the attack does not penetrate armor.
When the Stun Baton is charged, it will begin to pulse with electricity visibly. The next hit with the baton while it is in this state will deliver a shock that deals damage, stun opponents, and can spread to nearby targets.
The rapid attack speed this weapon is capable of is for more than simply dishing out faster punishment. Since each hit builds up charge, the more you strike enemies, the faster you recharge your shock attack. For this reason, we highly recommend investing in the Calculated Attack perk.
Higher levels of the Electrocutioner perk can restore a measure of the wielder’s stamina with each killing blow made with a Stun Baton, making it perfect for extended melee combat.
The Stun Baton is the only weapon capable of equipping the Repulsor Mod. This modification augments the already powerful electrical charge attack of the baton to also send impacted enemies flying. This can help keep more vulnerable fighters out of harm’s way and push back encroaching zombies.
Final thoughts on the Stun Baton
The Stun Baton might seem like a less-lethal alternative to melee weapons, but rest assured that The Fun Pimps designed this weapon to be just as deadly as a blade or hammer. Plus, what other weapon allows you to send your opponents into electrified spasms?