Learn how to craft and use the Steel Club
Clubs might appear primitive in comparison to other weapons in 7 Days to Die, but the powerful Steel Club is anything but crude. This vicious weapon utilizes a number of gears welded to a guarded steel handle to allow the wielder to smash heads and crack bones with ease. What’s more, this weapon can be used to stun, knock down, or cripple enemies with powerful blows.
This guide will walk you through crafting a Steel Club in 7 Days to Die and offer advice on utilizing it best.
How to craft a Steel Club in 7 Days to Die
Though simple in design, the crafting process of this weapon is rather complex. You’ll need to reach the final tier in the Clubs crafting skill and a Workbench before you can successfully assemble this weapon. The amount of crafting materials required will depend on the quality of the club being constructed:
|Material||Quality 1||Quality 2||Quality 3||Quality 4||Quality 5|
|Steel Club Parts||1||2||3||4||5|
|Clubs Crafting Skill||39||48||57||66||75|
- Steel Club Parts can be found by scrapping Steel Clubs, searching weapon chests and gun safes, or may be purchased from traders.
- Forged Steel can be crafted at a Forge or salvaged from advanced devices like vending machines and street lamps.
- Wood may be harvested from trees, scavenged from trash, or reclaimed from structures.
- Leather may be obtained by salvaging furniture and vehicles or harvested from animal carcasses.
- The Clubs crafting skill can only be improved by finding and reading issues of the Big Hitters skill magazine.
Steel Club Overview
Steel Club Stats by Quality
|Property||Quality 1||Quality 2||Quality 3||Quality 4||Quality 5||Quality 6|
|Power Attack Damage||52.6||55.6||56.6||59.5||62.2||65.4|
|Attacks / Minute||52||52||52||52||52||52|
The Steel Club accepts the following mods. Note that only one mod of any category may be attached at a time except accessory mods.
- Head: Barbed Wire, Metal Chain, Metal Spikes
- Accessory: Burning Shaft, Structural Brace, Wood Splitter, Bunker Buster, Grave Digger, Weighted Head, Iron Breaker
- Tech: The Hunter, Rad Remover
- Grip: Fortifying Grip, Ergonomic Grip
Tips and tricks for using the Steel Club
As a member of the Clubs’ weapon class, the Steel Club scales in power with the player’s Strength attribute and the Pummel Pete perk.
Though powerful, clubs aren’t the fastest melee weapons available. However, investing in the Big and Fast strength perk can increase this weapon’s attack speed.
Steel Clubs have a chance to briefly stun an enemy on each hit. This chance is increased for power attacks, which also deal additional damage and may knock enemies to the ground. This prevents an enemy from pursuing or attacking you and leaves them vulnerable to follow-up attacks.
Power attacks from the Steel Club can be great for getting the player out of trouble. Knocking down an enemy allows you to walk through them, offering an escape route for cornered survivors.
The debilitating abilities of the Steel Club can be further improved or adjusted by adding certain mods. Steel chains and weighted heads can increase your chances of stunning or knocking down enemies, while steel spikes or barbed wire can add armor-piercing or bleeding effects to your attacks.
This weapon costs a decent amount of stamina to swing, so be sure to monitor your energy meter closely during combat to avoid getting caught in a sticky situation.
Final thoughts on the Steel Club
Simple, violent, and effective. Never count out the usefulness of a blunt instrument in combat. The Fun Pimps designed this particular bludgeon to be the best of the best when it comes to cracking zombie heads, so why not craft your own and give it a spin?