Learn how to craft and use the Baseball Bat
The classic, time-honored zombie whacker. The Baseball Bat is a staple weapon of zombie media of all kinds and an excellent way to deliver blunt force trauma with efficiency and power in 7 Days to Die. Favoring strength, this melee weapon can stun enemies, knock them to the ground, and smash heads with a single, solid blow.
This guide will walk you through crafting a Baseball Bat in 7 Days to Die and offer advice on utilizing it best.
How to craft a Baseball Bat in 7 Days to Die
Judging by the materials required, this wooden sports implement must have an iron core or something. You must have reached the second tier of the Clubs crafting skill to assemble this weapon successfully. The amount of materials required will depend on the quality of the club being constructed:
|Material||Quality 1||Quality 2||Quality 3||Quality 4||Quality 5|
|Clubs Crafting Skill||11||17||24||31||38|
- Forged Iron can be crafted at a Forge or salvaged from machines like construction equipment and rusted cars.
- Wood can be harvested from trees and shrubs or reclaimed from wooden structures.
- Leather may be obtained by salvaging furniture and vehicles or harvested from animal carcasses.
- Duct Tape may be crafted by combining Glue and Cloth Fragments or scavenged from household or parts containers.
- The Clubs crafting skill can only be improved by finding and reading issues of the Big Hitters skill magazine.
Baseball Bat Overview
|Property||Quality 1||Quality 2||Quality 3||Quality 4||Quality 5||Quality 6|
|Power Attack Damage||40.1||42.5||44.5||45.3||47.6||49.9|
|Attacks / Minute||52||52||52||52||52||52|
The Baseball Bat accepts the following mods. Note that only one mod of any category may be attached at a time except accessory mods.
- Head: Barbed Wire, Metal Spikes, Metal Chain
- Accessory: Structural Brace, Wood Splitter, Bunker Buster, Grave Digger, Iron Breaker, Weighted Head, Burning Shaft
- Tech: The Hunter, Rad Remover
- Grip: Fortifying Grip, Ergonomic Grip
Tips and tricks for using the Baseball Bat
As a member of the Clubs weapon class, the Baseball Bat scales in power with the player’s Strength attribute and the Pummel Pete perk.
Though powerful, clubs aren’t the fastest melee weapons available. However, investing in the Big and Fast strength perk can increase this weapon’s attack speed.
Baseball bats have a chance to briefly stun an enemy on each hit. This chance is increased for power attacks, which also deal additional damage and may knock enemies to the ground. This prevents an enemy from pursuing or attacking you and leaves them vulnerable to follow-up attacks.
Power attacks from the Baseball Bat can be great for getting the player out of trouble. Knocking down an enemy allows you to walk through them, offering an escape route for cornered survivors.
The debilitating abilities of the Baseball Bat can be further improved or adjusted by adding certain mods. Metal chains and weighted heads can increase your chances of stunning or knocking down enemies, while steel spikes or barbed wire can add armor-piercing or bleeding effects to your attacks.
This weapon costs a decent amount of stamina to swing, so be sure to monitor your energy meter closely during combat to avoid getting caught in a sticky situation.
Final thoughts on the Baseball Bat
The Fun Pimps couldn’t not include this zombie-slaying classic in a game about killing zombies. In addition to its debilitating and stunning abilities, the high damage potential of this weapon makes it an easy choice for close combat. The only thing more satisfying than hitting a home run with one of these is smashing apart a zombie’s head like a watermelon.